Monday, February 11, 2008

Daddy/Daughter Ball

























A few weeks ago, my daughter and I participated in a Daddy/Daughter Ball at my work. We went with another "couple" that goes to church with us (the daddy also works at the same company). We started the evening at our house with some pictures (see the best one above) and then headed off to one of the buildings in our office complex.

When we first arrived we received our table assignment (#9) and had some time to take more pictures and mingle with the other attendees. Our carriage ride was scheduled right before dinner began so we cuddled under some blankets and enjoyed a ride around my company's parking lot being led by a beautiful black clydesdale (if you have seen the place I work you would know that the view was a lot better than you might imagine). As we passed over the bubbling brook that flows through our building complex, the local ducks cooperated nicely by splashing in the water for us to enjoy.
By the time our ride was over, dinner had begun. We slid into our seats and met the other guests at our table (the next oldest girl at our table was 4 so conversation was strained at times).
Dinner was excellent. The menu follows:
Mixed Green Salad with Ranch Dressing and Rolls
Herbed Grilled Chicken
Seasoned Green Beans
Homestyle Mac-n-Cheese (there were little girls at the ball after all)
Strawberry Shortcake with Whipped Cream AND Chocolate Indulgence Cake (there were grown men at the ball after all)
We ended the night with dancing and more pictures. Our big girl spent most of her evening dancing with a friend that she met at the party (she makes best friends so easily). The other young lady was 6 days older than my date and a couple of inches taller (which is rare to find a girl or boy her age that is taller). I'm not sure who led.
I did squeeze in a few dances with my girl and even saw a picture posted on our company intranet to prove it (and to provide plenty of "That's so sweet..." and "What were you trying to do with your arms up in the air...is that supposed to be dancing?" comments from my co-workers).
It was a successful night and I owe a big thank you to the people at work that put on this great event and my friend Laura who watched the boys while her oldest daughter and husband Sean took us on our "double date". It will always be a special memory.

No comments: