Sunday, February 17, 2008

Seaworld Trip for New Year's Eve















































































































































Now that we have wrapped up our camping trip to the lake, a stay-cation in our home town, and a trip to Montana I thought it would be a good idea to finally finish this post about our trip to Seaworld (eight months ago). I've included some of the better pictures so everyone can see how the kids looked back at the end of December. I hope to do a better job keeping up with this blog (I'm sure you have all heard that before.
My family went to Seaworld with our great friends Jamie and Susan and their two girls. Susan was kind enough to travel in our van to help with my little M and he did great on the trip. Jamie occasionally filled his adrenaline needs with solo trips to the roller coasters leaving Susan and I with 5 kids ages 7, 6, 5, 3, and 2 - we joked that if people at the park took a good look at us they would think Susan and I had some sort of problem. It was so fun. Our little guy buddied up with Sue Sue (his name for her), Jamie hung with his youngest daughter, the two older girls were inseparable for much of the trip leaving me and my middle M to get some good quality time together that I will treasure. The highlights of the trip were the Shamu show (you should see my little M do his hands like an orca tail - so cute), feeding the dolphins (a family tradition), the pirate themed playground, the "Journey to Atlantis" ride (the big kids first real amusement park ride), and of course temps in the 70's when it was much colder back home. A personal highlight was having adjoining rooms with our friends so that the kids could go to sleep in one room while the adults visited and watched meaningless bowl games in the other. That was a ton more fun than going to bed at 8:30 each night! We just beat a cold north wind that showed up on our drive back so we couldn't have planned things any better. Tons of thanks go to Jamie and especially Susan for making this trip possible - it would not have happened for me and the kids without their help and flexiblity.
P.S. I did buy the season passes so there is an outside shot that we will do it again before next New Year's.

2 comments:

Evans Family said...

It's good to see you blogging again. I love all the pictures, but especially the one of your littlest M sitting in front of the huge aquarium. We really enjoyed our time in Montana with you and yours. It'll be fun to see some of your pictures from the trip up here. ~Jason

Michelle said...

I LOVE the picture of your baby M in front of the aquarium. Priceless!